Organic traffic refers to visitors who reach a website via search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo without using paid advertising measures. Unlike paid traffic generated by ads in search results, organic traffic comes from natural, unpaid search results.
Advantages of organic traffic
- Sustainability:Organic traffic is sustainable because it is generated through continuous optimization of the website and its content, and therefore lasts for a long time.
- Cost: Unlike paid advertising, organic traffic does not incur direct costs. Traffic is generated by optimizing the website and creating high-quality content, which requires time and resources, but does not incur direct expenses.
- Trust: Studies show that users often trust organic search results more than paid ads, as these results tend to appear more relevant and useful.
Increase organic traffic
To increase organic traffic to a website, targeted search engine optimization (SEO) is needed. Some effective methods are:
- Keyword Optimization: Identify relevant keywords for each industry and integrate these keywords into website content, meta tags, and image alt text.
- High quality content: Creating informative, useful and interesting content that is appealing to both users and search engines. This includes updating the content regularly to ensure relevance and timeliness.
- On-page optimization: Optimization of the page title, headings, meta descriptions and URL structure to signal to search engines the relevance of the page for the corresponding keyword.
- Off-page optimization:Building quality backlinks from other websites, through for example guest posting or blogging, building social media presence and mentions of the brand on other websites.